Throughout life, driven individuals will find success through different avenues. No matter the arena however, all successful people have a winning routine—with a confident attitude; they keep their priorities straight but have a sense of urgency when it comes to getting things done. Selling real estate owned (REO) properties can lead you to success, but your desire to sell has to be there; as well as those everyday, routine habits you will develop to better your skills.
A confident attitude is going to be a big help when it comes to selling REO properties. The only way to gain confidence, though, is by learning and developing your ability to sell. You will then come to see that building your confidence comes with a multitude of benefits. Confidence isn’t the only thing that will lead you to success, unfortunately. These are some things to keep in mind when it relates to becoming successful REO agents.
- As a beginner, it is best to establish relationships with other real estate brokers. Take in all the knowledge and information they will give. A mentoring relationship is always a good start.
- Make sure to keep record of all the contacts you have. Stay in touch with the contacts that are currently looking for listings.
- Live by the motto that no assignment is beneath you. Administrative tasks such as answering phones can better your relationships with existing clients and help establish new ones.
- One word. Technology. Use technology in any way you can. Social networking websites will market you in the real estate business and help you gain clients.
- Go to as many programs/seminars/webinars as you can. Any extra information is good information.
- Associate with veterans of the industry.
- Time is of the essence. Use your time wisely. Don’t just stay with one job at a time. Find other clients while working with current clients.
In the end, it will all come down to how much you sell. Don’t be over confident, but try not to doubt yourself either. Be creative. Think outside the box. Don’t be angry or discouraged if a sale falls through. Keep a positive, motivated attitude. Set your standards high, and then do your best to exceed expectations. Most importantly though, keep educating yourself. Extra knowledge provokes extra success.