Each new year brings possibilities, as well as changes and challenges in the market. We hope you are approaching 2017 with optimism and renewed passion for your business.
We reached out to the FORCE Advisory Council for their top five tips for success in the New Year and here is what they had to say:
Tracey Bitonti, Irongate Realtors
• When completing the clients required tasks, if they are due tomorrow, get them done today. I try to exceed my clients’ expectations and timelines.
• I know this sounds basic, but return all emails and phone calls promptly; not only to your clients but your colleagues.
• Be positive, not just about your listings but the entire market and your community.
• Volunteer in your community.
• Get an early start each day. You know the old saying, the early bird gets the worm!
Nancy Braun, Showcase Realty
• Diversify (property management, retail, investors, probate, FSBO, short sales).
• Cut expenses, and review staffing (suggest changing your full time to part time 29 hours or less to avoid overtime and benefit costs).
• Track your work, the staff’s work, and the agent’s work. Have goals and review what it will take to reach your goals. Each member of your team needs to have measurable goals. If you want to close 100 transactions, break down how many cold calls, follow-up calls, showings, listing appointments, etc. it will take to reach your goal.
• Ensure your Internet presence is strong and SEO rich. Prospective clients and employees will research you on the Internet.
• Create a system for getting positive reviews on Realtor.com, Zillow, Yelp, Google+, etc. Post your reviews on your website.
Ruben Peña, TC Austin Residential
• Support our president.
• Stay in touch with clients.
• Over-excel on the tasks that are given to you by asset managers.
• Attend the Five Star Conference and webinars.
• Don’t lose hope; it will be alright.